Outlook Express is a default e-mail and news client for Windows OS. Since Windows 95 it is shipped with Operating system as bundled software thus widely used as email software for millions of windows users. Outlook Express use DBX file format a primary format to store all its data. Data comprises emails and other contact information plus miscellaneous information related to the email and news etc. DBX file format is a robust yet simple file format.
It stores all mails in RFC822 format directly stuffed into a chain of data. Simple files formats usually have fewer chances of corruptions but corruptions are inevitable in case of disturbance of underlying file system or storage media.
Also Read: 1. Outlook Express Hangs due to Virus Attack
When Outlook Express corrupted there are so many errors users can see. These errors are ranged from total inoperability of DBX file to partial inoperability of the software. These errors are as follows:
• “This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.”
• MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Msoe.dll at address 0x800c015e
• “Outlook Express could not be started. It may not be installed correctly. Make sure that your disk is not full or that you are not out of memory. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x800c012e)
• “Folder could not be displayed. Outlook express could not open this folder.
Possible causes are: Low disk space or Low memory.”
• Msimn caused an exception C0000006h in module Directdb.dll. The message could not be sent. There is not enough Disk space.
The remedy is to backup your data regularly and deleting old unnecessary mails and another viable piece of advice is to have a good DBX recovery Tool in advance to repair/recovery corrupt DBX file
Outlook Express Recovery software is the best utility that scans and repairs corrupt DBX file(s) created with Outlook Express. This DBX Repair software can repair or restore DBX file using the most effective plus safe scanning algorithms. The utility extracts the lost e-mails as .dbx and .eml file(s).