Cloud computing is the new computing concept in which all the resources are made available virtually. The word “Cloud” in cloud computing refers to the centre which provides services across the network via internet. Virtualization of information, application software and resources is the key feature of cloud computing. For e.g. One such example of cloud computing model is provided by Microsoft, i.e. Google Apps.
This program is designed to increase the security of data, productivity and reliability by providing backup function. E-mail messaging, calendar management, creating or modifying files, hosting websites, etc. are the features provided by Google Apps.
Evolution of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing model has evolved as an emerging trend in the field of Information Technology. The basic architecture of cloud computing is inherited from the fundamentals of distributed computing environment. Cloud computing model is called so because all the data and resources lie on cloud of internet servers. Applications, data and resources of a network can be shared without any involvement of management technique. Every technology has its own set of pros and cons. Similarly, cloud computing also consists of some pros and cons.
Basic Architecture of Cloud Computing
The fundamentals of cloud computing model lies under a scenario that all the nodes are logically separated from each other and every single node is considered as a physical machine. Distinct heterogeneous computers are linked with each other to form a large logical network. This big virtual computer is capable of handling large number of information and computations on it. The virtualization technology allows all the nodes to be appears as separate heterogeneous computer.
Cloud Computing Benefits:
- Cloud computing has been successful in solving the major problem of IT industry by satisfying the growing need of storing, analyzing and accessing data. It is highly scalable.
- Costs involved in buying and maintaining the equipment required for infrastructure can be saved now. It has reduced the margin of investing capital.
- Users can access the resources easily; they just need to connect to the cloud of web server over the network.
- It is also served as an application to the clients according to their requirements.
Cons of Cloud Computing:
- Many re-sellers claim to provide the service of cloud computing model to their clients but in actual they just provide some specified services managed by its hosted network.
- If you are utilizing cloud computing services, then it should provide a good quality of service. Clients or users should understand the compatibility between the need of resource and offered resource.
- Compromising with the performance of this model can affect your company’s goodwill and services.
Before winding up the discussion, I would like to let you know t5he fact that security issue is one of the major issues with the network. Since cloud computing is wholly based on the internet, this issue is persisted by cloud computing environment. But the benefits of cloud computing overshadows the cons of it. At this stage, cloud computing is just in its initial stage and many advanced cloud techniques are expanding gradually. In future, desktop computing environment will be included in a thing of past.
Also Recommended: How to Create Restore Point in Windows 7 or 8 ?