PST is a personal storage table of Microsoft Outlook that stores email messages and other mailbox items. While CSV is a file format of Microsoft Excel that contains data which are set separated by commas. Sometimes an Outlook user needs to open .pst file in MS Excel. But it cannot be opened in Excel without converting into CSV format. Luckily MS Outlook supports a feature that helps you export your .pst file data into CSV format. It is known as Import feature.
Recommended Blogs: How to Fix Outlook Search Issue?
To use this feature, you need to follow the steps given below:
1. Launch MS Outlook program on your system.
2. Click on File tab > Open > Import.
3. The Import and Export wizard will open. Select Export to a file and click on Next.
4. Export to a File: select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click on Next.
5. Now select the folder you want to export to a CSV file and click on Next.
6. Click on Browse and select a location and type a name for new CSV file. Click on Next.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Select the date in between you want to export the data into CSV file. Click on OK.
9. The Import and Export process in progress. Please wait until it gets completed.
The selected folder from the .pst file will be exported to CSV file at user-defined location. Check it.