To copy files and folders from one computer to another computer, you can use Windows. It helps you copy files and folders between many computers which are connected to the same network. But make sure the computers you use to copy the files and folders are connected to the same network, otherwise you cannot follow the steps given below:
1. First open the computer in which the files and folders are available which you want to copy to another computer.
2. Click on Windows Start button.
3. In the Search box, type two backslashes (\\) followed by the name of the computer or its IP address. For e.g. \\johnDESKTOP or \\188.8.131.52. Press Enter button.
4. Now you can access the other computer where you want to copy the files and folders. Open the drive and folder where you want to copy the files and folders.
5. Open the location on this computer where your files and folders are saved which you want to copy to the other computer.
NOTE: Sometimes you may face trouble while accessing the other computer of your network due to improper sharing permissions. Make sure the other computer, in which you want to copy the files and folders, is properly shared and connected to your network.
How to copy files and folders if computers are not connected to the same network?
If your computers are not connected to the same network and you want to copy files and folders from one to another computer, you can use any type of removable media. Just insert the media on the computer that contains the original files and folders, copy them to this media device and then insert it to the another computer. Now you can either move all the data from this removable media or you can copy the data on this computer.
Also Recommended: Backup Software NTBackup Utility Tips