Microsoft Outlook Express is a popular email client application for Windows users. It stores all your crucial email messages into a folder, called DBX. An Outlook Express DBX file is not immune to corruption. It can be easily corrupted at any point of time due to any particular reasons. Some of the most common reasons for DBX file corruption are given below:
- Compacting files and folders: When you try to compact the size of your large sized DBX files and folders, the files may become corrupted or damaged. So you should be careful while doing such action and you should take help of an expert if you are not a tech-savvy.
- Virus infection: Virus attack or infection is one of most common reasons behind corruption in computer data and files. A virus or bug can enter into Outlook Express through received email messages and can cause corruption in the whole DBX file. You must use an antivirus program that will protect your files from the internet viruses.
- Large sized files: Having large sized DBX files in Outlook Express is always risky. It can affect the speed and performance of Outlook Express as well as it can cause corruption if it crosses its maximum size limit. So you should regularly clean your entire mailbox items and take backup in a regular manner.
- Sudden cancellation of Outlook Express: If you close your running Outlook Express program without logging off, this may be harmful for the DBX files and their contents. You should not close the Window until the Outlook Express is logged off or signed out.
- Power failure: Sudden power failure of your system can definitely affect the data stored in your system hard disk. This might be harmful for the DBX files if Outlook Express is running on your system at that point of time. To prevent from the situation of sudden or frequent power failure, you should use UPS device with your computer system.
- Weak or poor Internet connection: If the Internet connection gets disturbed or becomes weak while sending or receiving mails through Outlook Express, it may start hanging or the files may become corrupted or inaccessible. Make sure your Internet connection is working with good speed.